National Sorry Day 2023
May 28 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday 28th May 2023
Come and join us all welcome.
An opportunity for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people to come together and yarn, the way it should be.
Program for the Day
– Smoking Ceremony- Welcome to Country
– One minute silence to remember the stolen generation.
– Didgeridoo- playing Clap Sticks – outside hall – everybody to joins in.
2.00pm Every one invited in side hall to look at displays
– Kids to start Painting their Boomerang’s
– Colouring in for the younger ones
– You can Enjoying Weaving with Karleen Green – in the corner
– See the Aboriginal Artefact display.
– Learn about the Uluru Statement from the heart.
– ASG Book sale.
3.00pm Guest speaker TBA
3.30pm And of course a free BBQ tea/ coffee and snacks.
4.00pm We will have a show and tell what the kids have done, with their Boomerangs.
– Then a reading from Aunty Nancy’s Book of Poems
4.15pm Local Aboriginal girls singing (NOT to be missed, Deadly)